For some reason, we kept passing the Hester Street Holiday Market and not stopping in. We really thought we should mostly because we still have loads of holiday presents to get and peeking inside the windows seemed promising. So Sunday afternoon, we finally got the chance, and WOW. The market may seem small on the outside but it’s packed with really great merchandise inside.
No matter who you are looking to impress, there is something here that will surely fit the bill. First, it’s a fun space. There are the requisite jewelry booths. We saw one with beautiful vintage heirloom jewelry, with dozens of one of a kind pieces; tons of stuff for foodies including – wait for it – bacon jam (!); lots of really cute stuff for kids, dare we say, of all ages; and easy to gift items for hard to please New Yorkers (promise!).
Some highlights below:
A Food Lover’s dream!
- Three types of artisanal Bacon Jam! If you’ve never tried Bacon Jam before, we suggest you do it. It may change your life – think toast, think crackers, think your next party or your next night of netflix. Highly versatile ridiculously delicious. And they’ve got sets for gifting but you should get at least one for yourself. Trust.
- Hester Street Fair favorite Macaron Parlour, always delicious and a lovely gift for anyone.
- Tiny batch jerkys to convert even the fussiest non jerky believer
- And these cookies – they are.. wait for it.. vegan! They are samples and tons of flavors to try.
Kids are big winners
- These adorable pillows are $25 each and sooo cute for kids rooms. No logos – just pure cuteness
- Tons of cool city kid ready books
- Know any babies? We wish we did! These onesies are so smart. Since babies can’t read anyway, super fun for parents.
- Really interesting crafting sets that use circuits to build things. We don’t know how they work. Have a kid explain!
Women – the market does not disappoint!
- This perfect for winter hat is only $20. Not a typo. We had to ask twice. We want them in every color!
- These gorgeous statement necklaces are also a very reasonably priced $25. What?
- And these rings – They would look amazing with 3 or 4 or 5 of them stacked together. Treat yourself!
And Men – this market did not forget you!
- Tons of really cool bowties. If you wear bowties or know someone who does, get over here pronto!
- An entire booth of really impressive wooden accessories. Beautiful and useful business card or credit card holders and wood encased flasks.
- These cool kicks were $75 but are now $60, so you can get two pair without feeling guilty.
The Hester Street Holiday Market is truly filled with tons of items and it’s sort of a like a little treasure hunt finding everything, but fortunately, it’s still small enough where you don’t feel overwhelmed. Every shop owner is friendly without being overbearing and there’s a real feel of creativity and authenticity in the air. Definitely recommend stopping in for a look with credit card at the ready!
Hester Street Holiday Market
Open from 11am-8pm
Daily until December 23
Click any photo for slideshow